Glass Chips Cleaning Protocol
Cleaning Protocol for Glass Chips –v1.0
Prior to PECVD
- Sonicate with soap water (use liquid detergent with no particles), acetone, and IPA for a few minutes each. Blow dry with nitrogen.
- Immerse in 1:3 solution of hydrogen peroxide in concentrated sulfuric acid at 100C for 1 hour. Rinse acid off, then immerse in DI water to protect sample.
- In cleanroom, remove sample from water and bake at 115C
After PECVD, prior to initial PL
- Rinse (or sonicate if it has been a while since the PECVD coating) with acetone and IPA to remove dust. Blow dry with nitrogen.
- Also consider plasma cleaning if PECVD coating is not fresh.
- Seal container with Parafilm for transport to/from cleanroom.
During PL/EBL process
Prior to spin-coating
- Rinse with acetone and IPA to remove dust. Blow dry with nitrogen. Bake to ensure complete evaporation of IPA from substrate.
- For secondary lithography (i.e. after outer electrodes have been made), plasma clean for 1 min to encourage good contact between metal layers.
- Seal container with Parafilm for transport to evaporator (if in different room).
- Plasma clean for one minute prior to evaporation.