PDMS Preparing Protocol
Protocol for Preparing PDMS
PDMS Part A (base)
PDMS Part B (cross-linker)
Plastic pipette dropper
Mold (e.g. petri dish)
- Determine the volume of PDMS needed.
- Turn on the scale. Zero the reading with the plastic beaker on the scale.
- Remove the beaker from the scale and pour the appropriate amount of PDMS base into the beaker.
- Use the scale to determine the mass of PDMS base. Record this number and zero the scale.
- Calculate the needed mass of PDMS cross-linker (standard ratio is 10%)
- Using a dropper, add cross-linker to the beaker until the desired mass has been added.
- Using the stirring rod, stir the PDMS mixture thoroughly for five minutes. Bubbles should appear.
- Put the beaker into the vacuum chamber. Pump the chamber until all bubbles are removed.
- Pour the PDMS slowly from the beaker into the mold.
- Put the mold into the vacuum chamber. Pump the chamber overnight to cure.